Simon turns 5

I keep telling this kid that he’s not allowed to grow up.  And while it took me forever to post this entry, it doesn’t mean that his birthday didn’t happen:(  He’s a five-year old boy who wishes school was 8 days a week, wonders what God looks like and thinks girls are weird.  He orders caesar salad at every restaurant, thinks convertibles are just cars wearing hoodies and makes up phrases like ‘criminal festival’ and ‘chicken butt’.  So even though I can only get away with kissing him once he’s sleeping, he’s still my little baby who’s not allowed to have anymore birthdays.
p10
p9

What’s the hardest thing about being a kid?  That you can’t do anything.

How old are you when you are a grown up?  13 then 15, 16 and 17.

What are you going to be when you grow up?  A power ranger because they save people.

Who will you be voting to be president?  Mr. Popper.

Would you want to be the president?  Yeh, so I can boss people around.

If the Queen came to lunch what would you serve her?  Pea soup.

Do you think you will ever get married?  No, because at the party I got the coin so I’m going to be rich.

Where are you going to live when you grow up?  At my same house.

WHAT?!  You going to live with us? I thought that when I grew up you were going to be dead. I see.

Where would you like to travel to?  Hawaii because I’ve never been there.

Who would you take with you?  When I’m older I would go by myself.

Advertisements
Tagged ,

7 thoughts on “Simon turns 5

1. Carla says:

Oh Simon you are getting all growed up!!! Looks like a fun party. You are such a cutie and I know you provided endless entrainment for you Mom!!!!

2. Jenelle says:

definitely one of the cutest 5 year old boys!! love his answers and looks like a great birthday party!

3. juanita says:

you have such cute boys!!!! and i didn’t know he was so grown up…..
    and love the bday ideas!!! tell him i think hes funny, and hope to meet him someday!!

4. Candice says:

Happy birthday to Simon!! And what a party! Love his sense of humour and matter of fact-ness! Tell him his buddy “Gravy” is going to be 5 soon too!

5. Uncle Chris says:

I can’t believe how much the boys have grown since I was down there last. Still picture Simon as we went on the scooters around the block doing both the “kid circuit” and the big one as well. Hope summer of 2013 works for all as time is passing us by more quickly as we age

6. tad says:

atta boy Simon tell it like it is Chicken Butt

7. […] his 8 year birthday Noah decided he wanted a birthday party like his brother Simon.  A party at the house with some friends… except with a Skylanders […]